I just need some help with some points I should cover and any helpful websites, stories, articles, etc., would be great! Right now, I'm saying that BSL is discriminatory, ineffective and it's not solving the real problem. Any other big points/topics I should cover? Thanks! :D

• Why is the screening of fetuses ,newborns or embryos for genetic defects bad? - i have to write a 500 word essay on this . our teacher gave us 3 more topics but i chose this one.if there are any websites or articles, please include.thnxx..:)
  • Working an essay about Animal Farm? 10 points!? - Okay so i have to do an essay regarding this following questions:How does Orwell explore the problem of propaganda in Animal Farm? How is language used as an instrument of social control (Squealer) and how do the pigs rewrite history?by the way if you can please put some examples plus the page numbers, that’ll be
  • Rate my essay out of 6.0? - Topic:Problem SolvingEach one of us has a different approach to solving problems.What might seem like an effective problem-solving technique for one person,might prove to be the exact opposite for another.However,after years and years of studying human actions and behaviour;a few ways to handle problems might prove much more effective than others.Sometimes,taking a break and focussing
  • Help with finding a Philosophical essay topic? - I need a topic that will cover about four pages, and it has to be something that I can agree with or not. What I mean is I have to agree or disagree whether something in Religion could be true or untrue, and I have to give real reasons behind my argument. Give me as
  • What were some games in the 17th, 18th, or 19th century that helped problem-solving skills? - I need to write an essay about games in past centuries, and I need couple of examples about problem solving. Anyone got some ideas?
  • How true to life is Dickens’ description of 1770′s London? - Were the stories he relates of robberies and such real and would they have bee known to all the readers of the day as our own gossip stories are known today? Is there a good essay on this very topic?
  • Why benefits are there to solving poverty? - I know poverty is a global conflict but what is the point of solving poverty? are there any benefits offered from solving poverty?p.s this is for a school essay

9 Responses to “I’m writing an argumentative essay about BSL (breed specific legislation), can someone help?”

1. eumitosis says:

I’d love to help but you can’t cite YA. I believe homework should be done by you. That’s how you learn.

2. periphlebitis says:

yvw! GL on your essay Report Abuse

3. raised says:

I just did a report on animal cruelty and dog breeding was one of my points. Researching it will get you the best answers.

4. eburnated says:

Try looking for nature vs nurture work, you can probably pull from work on humans. We adopted a Catahoula, which is supposed to be a difficult breed, and she’s working out great because she has a great personality. I’m a firm believer in nurture, humans and dogs are shaped by experiences. There are lots of examples of great rotties (my dog has two “friends” who are rotties) and there lots of examples of labs that bit their owners, but they don’t make the news. I think you’re totally right, BSL is stereotyping, but I can’t point you to any sources.

5. bassinets says:

How about this website: [external link]

6. korjata says:

Tons of info on this site for you to read. The paper is your opinion & work reflecting what you believe & know. [external link]

7. oath says:

Talk about the what the real problem is, lousy breeders. Inappropriate training methods. Public perception of particular breeds based on media reports which of course are always about the worst cases.

8. pkjames says:

Here are some great articles on factual information about BSL and how targeting by breed rather than by individual dog is ineffective. [external link] … And another great one: [external link] … Some of the main points, imo, are:1. BSL targets all dogs of specific breeds or even breed types and in spite of banning anything that looks like a named breed, after years of banning, fatalities and serious injuries by dog continued to increase or at least stay about the same, proving that getting rid of a breed did not end the very rare incidence of death by dog.2. Bite statistics and incidents are often labeling dogs as a certain type or breed when in actuality, many are not mixed with the breed or breed type at all. Dog has short hair and strong build? Must be a “pit bull” (not actually a breed, but a type of dog that describes at least three breeds of dogs- and inacurately includes any number of mixes that have short hair, strong build.)3. Besides being fiscally costly to ban and regulate banned breeds, people are often devastated, children crushed by the loss of a friendly family pet just because of it’s breed or appearance. Even dogs that were fought and brutalized- many of the Michael Vick dogs, were successfully rehabbed and re-homed- some with families. [external link] are many great resources on the web about BSL and the fact that the Netherlands, where breed bans were enacted about 25 plus years ago, learned that it was not the breed of dog that accounted for severe bites, death by dog because bite statistics stayed up when certain breeds were effectively banned there. It solved nothing! So they did the rational thing and penalized individual cases rather than by breed of dog.

9. canisiana says:

The sites below give you excellent coverage of the issue.